Accidents happen. That is usually something said by your friend (or doctor, depending on how bad the accident was) when you make a mistake, or when something happens that was not meant to. Mostly, accidents are considered bad. However, sometimes accidents can be a good thing, and may unlock a potential that nothing else could.
One of the most important experimental accidents was the Microwave Oven. It was known that high-frequency radio waves heated things. The specific heating affect of a high-power microwave beam was accidently discovered in 1945 by Percy Spencer. He discovered that microwaves from an active radar set he was working on started to melt a candy bar in his pocket. The first food cooked by Spencer’s microwave was popcorn, and the second was an egg that exploded in the face of one of Spencer’s assistants. This was the invention of the Microwave Oven.
A delicious mistake occurred in 1853: George Crum was a half African and half Native-American at Moon’s Lake House, and an unhappy customer kept sending Crum’s French-fried potatoes back, complaining they were too thick. Frustrated, Crum planned to get his revenge on the customer by slicing the potatoes razor thin, frying them until they were crisp, and seasoning them with extra salt. To Crum’s amazement, the customer loved his dish, and eventually Potato Chips would become very popular all over the United States.
There’s no such thing as an accident: God has everything already planned. Let us give praise to the One who made everything!